Thursday, August 6, 2015

Family!!! It's so good to hear from you! :)
I KNEW  this would happen! as soon as I left, that you'd go on a ton of trips!!! Sooooooooooooooooooooo annoying. that's like the only thing I ever want is to travel, then you do it as soon as I leave. but it's okay, I'm down unda! :)

I'll just tell you what happened in my week!

Monday-we had kind of a Elder's zone p-day. We played basketball and volleyball. It was fun.

Then we went to the Stake President's house, President Pemberton for dinner. They have the funniest family. They are all grown up. Their youngest is in his 20's but we had the best time with them. President P served in the SEM! he was bragging about it just like dad always does.

He made me eat a spoonful of vegemite, then eat a super hot pepper, then drink mylo! my mouth was so confused!!! hahahaha I feel like a true Aussie! ;)
Then we shared the restoration with them and asked for referrals! he gave us heaps!!!! it was awesome :)

Then we went to a fhe at the M's house! They have a son who is EXACTLY like Jack, but shorter with an Aussie accent. Same mannerisms and everything. It was so funny. Brother M wrestled with Elder Maybe outside as part of the FHE. It was pouring rain, they looked hardcore. I talked to Elder Mamea while that was happening. He is the best! He's so humble and funny.

Tuesday-

We started the day off and I was senior companion for the day. One of the sisters in our zone needed a blessing because she was sick. We went there and I gave the blessing. It's weird how the words just come to you. It's not weird, it's amazing.

We went to Brother R's house. We looked through all these world trip binders he had. He has been everywhere! I was so jealous. Then we taught him the plan of salvation. He didn't have any referrals for us.... but its okay! Hopefully we strengthened his testimony.

On our way back to our flat, there was this old lady who looked like she was having trouble walking and so we helped get into her house. It took all of... 20 minutes! Man! Good thing we came!

We went to our flat, I had 3 packs of ramen, and we were on our way. We went to D's house for our appointment. He wasn't home.. hhaha this is the classic situation dad always told me about. So what did we do?

We tracted!! hahaha

We knocked on the first door and it was a Muslim. She said the the whole street was pretty much Muslim. But we kept trying. We went to this one door, and when we knocked on the door, the garage opened instead. He was standing there in a wide stance folding his arms and staring at us. I felt like I was in a movie hahaha. I introduced us, and I asked him if we could share a bit about our church. He said , "go ahead."  That caught us off guard. Apparently that had never happened to Elder Maybee in the 23 months he's been out.

So we all kind of started panicking (mentally of course ;) ) Well let's just say it was rough. But we got talking to him and he said he's open to any religion, so we can visit him anytime, he gave us his number, and we gave him a restoration pamphlet!

We went to the R's house for dinner. He reminds me of Br. Woodhouse mixed with Morgan's uncle, David. He was a funny guy. 

Good dinner/ good time. 
We taught the gospel of Jesus Christ. Then we went to the H's for a second dinner with lamb...  I ate as much as I could.

We talked about the scriptures and Patriarchal blessings. It was a good lesson and then we watched some Mormon messages.

Wednesday- Pretty uneventful. We weekly planned, then we tried to visit a couple of people. No one really answered their doors. We had a to hurry and get to a lesson at the chapel with a RC. But it started pouring down rain! like harrrrrrd!
So my companions were just flying on their bikes! I was trying to keep up with them, but then I went around a corner, and I biffed it harrrrrrrd!!! I couldn't breathe for a solid minute. I was wheezing, and making sounds I've never made before. hahahahah

I hit my head on the sidewalk (luckily I had my helmet on ;) ) and my arm was soaked. I only got a couple cuts. I got a cut on my hand, and on my opposite arm... hahaha typical me.

Then we went to the lesson. We taught 3 Nephi 18. It was a good lesson. Then we had a long bike ride to the F's they gave us some good food. They put potatoes on my plate... and I ate probably a half a potato! I was proud of myself.
We taught them the Restoration, and had them participate, (they had like 8 kids.) 
Afterwards we went to L's house. He is a 17 year old foster kid. He reminds me of Wesley Vincent. Good heart. We taught him about prayer and the restoration. I felt the spirit direct me to talk about prayer though, because he has been trying to give up smoking. It ended up going very well. He has been texting us throughout the week telling us what he has been reading in the BOM!! Awesome!!!! Then we rode home!

Thursday-we helped this family move for 5 hours! They were a non member family too! So we had some good conversation. Their name is the S's. The Husband is a professional Chef, and the Wife is a diesel Mechanic. Interesting combo! It was good to do something out of the usual!

She took us to Subway after for helping them. They also gave us the cook book he wrote, and some homemade jam! Good stuff. We'll have to visit their new house sometime, because we all got along well, and the wife was interested!

We went to our flat and got in our proselyting clothes. We tried visiting like 4 or 5 houses, but no one was home. So we went to S's house. He wasn't home, but the Dad, and his son named C was home. The dad was drunk, and C was making fun of him. We talked with C for a while. He looks just like Tyler Goodman. He's an awesome kid with a very good heart. He was baptized earlier this year, so we left a short message about the Holy ghost with him.
After we went to our dinner appointment at the M's. Their house is like Everybody loves Raymond. Because they all share the same backyard, so Brother M's brother came to dinner just out of the blue. He is 32. We taught the restoration. The spirit was strong. We committed them to give a Book of Mormon to someone they know who needs it. Then this guy gave us a ride home. He had a bike rack on his car. We had to stop buy his house though to get it. He had a dog the size of a pony, and I didn't see it right next to the door, so when I walked past, it barked and I uncontrollably screamed! OH and Brother M also served in the SEM.

Friday-
We had an awesome zone conference! President Fife is the man. He has these one-liners that are so bold, and they will just blow you away. He kind of reminds me of dad, because he has so many things memorized. He's a funny guy too, very animated. I met sister Henrie there.
After zone conference we went to the Ko's because they said they'd feed us and give us free haircuts! Sounded good to me. 
We had a lesson about the Book of Mormon and how we came to know it was true. I shared my 4th of July experience I had last year. It was a good lesson. then A gave us a ride home, we left our bikes there so we could tract to them the next day.

Saturday. We tracted to the K's to get our bikes. We met this guy who was weeding his lawn. He was a Presbyterian. He was happy to see Jesus Christ on our tags. We talked to him about Christ. We made a deal that if we went to his church, he'd have to come to ours. He agreed. hahah it didn't end up happening, because his church is outside our zone.  We went and contacted more people on the street. Nothing really happened. We got our bikes and went to Nandos!! It's  a super popular restaurant here! Super good.

Then we went to this Chirstmas in july thing at another house. They had a whole pig!!! It was awesome!
We talked about the Savior's birth, but more on his life, and how we can remember what he did in his life by partaking of the sacrament each Sunday. Good thought. Then we ate. We went to a 7th day's house and had dinner. She was so kind. She gave us a ride home and leftovers.

Sunday We found out during mcm that Dcouldn't be baptized ;( his mom said no, but he still want us to drop by on Wednesday. So we will! We sang a musical number in sacrament meeting. Then Brother R called me out in sacrament meeting and said that he, just like me, committed someone to baptism his first day... awkward, because now it's not happening.. but we will see what we can do!

We went to our flat and had a little bit to eat, and biked to the K's for A's birthday.

We had dessert, and they taught me some rugby. It was fun!

That was the week. I feel like I"ve been here for ages already! But heaps of fun! I've still yet to see a giant spider, but I know it'll happen. Thanks for your prayers! I truly do feel them :)

-love Elder Beeson

No comments:

Post a Comment