Monday, December 12, 2016

Dear friends and family, what a great week. I know I say this every week, but this week was crazy!

On Tuesday we followed up with M,  the Chilean lady that we found 2 days earlier. She let us right in, and we met her son. They are pretty active in the 7th day Adventist church, but very open and willing to learn, read, and pray about the Book of Mormon. We had a really good lesson with them on the Restoration. Half way through the lesson M's other daughter S came out and joined! M tried to read the Book of Mormon, but didn't really understand it, and neither did her sonl because they are super Spanish and stuff ;) so luckily we brought 2 copies of the book of Mormon in Spanish! They were thrilled! M is such a sweet lady, after our lesson, she went into the other room and told us to wait, so we waited and talked to her son for like 20 minutes, and then she came out with empanadas. She's the best! Found a family!! :) 

Elder Matautia and I got our new Golden companion, fresh from the mtc on Thursday! His name is Elder Aldous from Nampa Idaho! He is half Korean, and is just the man. he was the senior class president at his school, so he is a good natured people-person. He honestly fits right into our companionship because he has the same sense of humour as Elder Matautia and I. 

Elder Matautia was really sick this week. so we had to exchange with the Kenwick elders quite a bit, so elder matautia could get his rest/whatever else he needed. So Elder Aldous, Elder given and I were pretty much companions for 2 days. We went to an elder's Christmas party, and met and talked and taught these African dudes who were friends with the member in the ward. The dude I was talking to had dreads. It was funny because I was explaining to him a little bit about what the party was all about, and I told him that there wasn't any drinks or drugs or anything at the party, and then he kind of took it the wrong way, and said, "I don't smoke man, I know it looks like I do because of my hair, but I'm clean man. " hahaha. 

Elder Given, Aldous and I were riding bikes, and I had this feeling that we needed to go see a less active, so we went there, and she opened the door, and said that we caught her at her worst. she said that her Sister was in the hospital in a coma, and is probably going to die. she was pretty "delirious" ( she said that herself)  and so she asked for a blessing. It was a powerful blessing that Elder Given gave her. It was cool to me how subltle the prompting was to go visit her. It just made me realize again how important it is to be in tune, and to pay attention to the smallest thoughts of inspiration. 

We are having a baptism on Wednesday! J is super pumped for it! I'll send some pictures :) 
Also, we are going to the temple this next week, so I won't email until next Wednesday!

I learned this week about how important the Book of Mormon is in the conversion process. As I've pondered this week on my own conversion to the Gospel, I have come to realize how massive of an impact the Book of Mormon has been throughout the whole process. Everytime I read that book with sincerity, looking for answers to my prayers, and looking for how I can align myself with Him, an answer ALWAYS comes. We are sooooooo blessed to have the Book of Mormon. 

I love you all family! merry Christmas.

Love Elder Beeson

No comments:

Post a Comment