Friday, April 21, 2017

April 2nd

G'day family and friends. This weekend has been awesome! Really cool miracles have been happening recently!
On Friday we finally got to catch up with  the Maori fella we tracted into last week. We went in and we taught him all about the Atonement of Christ, and invited him to be baptized. He sat there for a bit, then he looked with us and smiled, and he said, "you know what, I'm going to do this, and I'm going to do it with all my spine!! I want this!" hahah woah! ;) but yeah he's seriously one of the funniest people I have ever met. He's insanely enthusiastic about everything. We set a goal with him to work towards the 29th of april. :)
I went on exchanges the next day with our district leader, but my companion saw him the next morning, and apparently after the lesson we had, his family and friends were like offering him drinks and stuff, but he said that he moon walked out of the room, and said "I don't need that stuff I found where the true happiness is. it's in the Atonement!" haha THE MAN!!
Yesterday we had a pretty sweet sunday, we had 6 of the people we are teaching come to church!After church we got a call from some elders who were having a bit of a rough time with eachother, so we went over and had  a long talk with them, and it helped! also had a long talk with some other elders this week.
I love being a missionary because sometimes I get to play the role of being a fixer upper. It feels so good to be actually helping people. But I've come to learn that none of the credit goes to me or my companion. It goes straight to the saviour. He's the real fixer upper for ANYTHING. I have come to experience that. I've come to know how it feels to have the Atonement change me over time. It's such a blessing.
Love you family! have a good week. CTR CPR! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment