Monday, March 6, 2017

Baldivis Baby!

G'day family and friends!

This week was amazing!!! It honestly felt like we finally hit a bit of an Oasis after this transfer of a desert. Super good week :)

This week we have had a super cool miracle still in the process of developing. So on Monday we visited the H 's a returning member/ recent convert family, and the Dad's parents have moved in for good to help them raise their kids. The parents of the dad ( the parents names are G and E)  have been really nice and respectful whenever we share anything, but nothing has been softening their hearts to actually learn.. UNTIL.. they had a death in the family this last weekend.

A distant relative committed suicide last weekend :( and they were doing heaps of funeral stuff over the weekend. And so in the middle of some small talk we were having, E just speaks up and says, "Is it still possible for my grandson to still be saved, even though he committed suicide?" and we told her that yes, it is possible!
 She was super teary eyed as she asked it, and so we took that opportunity to teach the plan of salvation, and we taught the whole thing, and it was good, but when we finished it up, I had a feeling that we should go more into depth with the spirit world, and so we talked about the temple, and about doing baptisms for the dead, and that was what ended up connecting with them the most! Then we felt prompted to invite them to be baptized and they both said that they would once the feel of what we said is true! ( hahah I already know that they know it's true ;) ). We had another lesson with them on Thursday as well and the Spirit was suuuuuuuuper strong as we taught the Godhead, reviewed the Plan of Salvation, and taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ. At the end of the lesson, all of the H girls came in for the closing prayer! That has NEVER HAPPENED!  Suuuuuper cool.

Elder Aldous ( my former comp) and I went on exchanges on Wednesday, and we had a pretty cool 4th floor last door experience! We had about 20 minutes until lunch time, and we could have easily just gone back to the flat for lunch, and used the 20 minutes to spare as travel time, but we planned to tract, so we decided that we would stick with the plan and tract it out! We tracted out this cul-de-sac. and literally no one was home, because it was like the middle of the day on a Wednesday. Then we got to the last house on that little street, and this guy was polishing his car, and when we approached him, he said that he was impressed with us for having patience to go from door to door with no one answering, so we got talking to him for a bit, and then his partner came out, and she just started asking heaps of really good questions about Christ, and our church, and so anywho, long story short, they let us in, and we were able to teach repentance, and the Atonement. Super cool simple experience that just has strengthened my testimony about being diligent :)

On Saturday we had mission conference with Elder Renlund. It was amazing! There were heaps of things that he said that just spoke to my heart. I honestly feel like he is the apostle I connect with the most, not because he came to our mission, but from the talks I read from him in preparation for his coming, and from just how he acted when he was here, I feel like I connect with him :)

Yesterday we had a special stake conference with Elder Renlund, and it was good we had 5 of our investigators come to it! G and E were there, and they were super intrigued by everything he said. I got to shake hands with him 2 more times on Sunday ...:)

Then I got a call from President during MCM that I am going to be transferred. I'm going down to Rockingham zone to serve in Baldivis! Woooooooooo!! My new companion is Elder Mollar from New Zealand. super pumped to serve with him. I'm for sure going to miss this ward, I've literally spent half of my mission here, but I'm super excited for a fresh start :)

Something I learned this week is of the power of fasting and prayer. When we fast and pray with absolute confidence that God will bless us with what is needed, then he WILL bless us with what is needed, and often miracles are needed, and that's what happened this week. I love this work, can't get enough of it!

Love you all!
love Elder Beeson

No comments:

Post a Comment